Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Heated Mirrors

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by corsair855, Feb 1, 2010.

1. corsair855

corsair855 New Member

Hey y'all,
    Can I replace OEM electric LH and RH door mirrors with heated mirrors without any wring mods on my 2003 Silverado LS?

Any insight would be much appreciated

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Heated Mirror's will work without any wiring,if you have the Rear Defroster on your HVAC controls.

3. corsair855

corsair855 New Member

Thanks 99'Heartbeat. I really appreciate your insight. Now I'm off the find the mirrors! Good truckin' to ya!

4. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

When you get them, give us a write-up. that would be awesome. Happy Hunting!

5. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

Pull your panels off and see how many wires are running to the mirrors. I think there is more to it than just plugging in the new mirrors.

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yep they are plug and play if you have the rear defrost. They take about an hour to swap out.

7. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 New Member

I have a 2001 with rear defrost. Are the mirrors interchangeable on my truck as well?