Heated power mirrors with turn signals

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by lseann, May 20, 2010.

1. lseann

lseann New Member

My 05 AWD van already has the heated power mirrors but if I was to obtain a factory set that has the turn signals built in as well, would they plug right in and work, blinkers and all, without any additional wiring? Thanks.

2. lseann

lseann New Member

To answer my own question, I recently replaced my 05 heated mirrors with some late model heated mirrors with the dual mirror feature. While I was in there I noticed that the pigtail for my old and new mirors had two empty slots, while the connector on the truck (plug in) had wires in those two slots. Took my handy circuit tester, activated the blinker and low and behold the circuit was live and blinking. So if I was to obtain a set of mirrors with the built in blinker option they would obviously plug right in and function without any additional wiring.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  3. jampg

jampg New Member

Are you referring to turn signals in the actual mirror glass? I don't think GM makes a van mirror with the turn signal integrated into the mirror glass. Take a look at these photos, there is a close up of the mirror with a added blind spot mirror integrated into the housing. The turn signal is also still integrated into the housing.
    I personally would like to see the signal integrated into the mirror surface. It looks cool IMO. The current signal design does have better visibility in front and side view for oncoming traffic.
    http://dealerrevs.com/gallery/20697977.html#photo

4. lseann

lseann New Member

I was just referring to the GM mirrors with the turnsignals on the outside of the mirrors.