1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heated seats

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by hdbat3, Jul 13, 2009.

1. hdbat3

hdbat3 New Member

2004 Chevy Silverado. This is a problem I started back during winter. The drivers heated seat will not stay on. When I turn it on it kicks back off after about 2 - 3 seconds. If the passenger has their seat on by itself their seat will stay on, but as soon as I turn on the drivers seat it cuts both of the seats off. Any ideas??? I figured it was a good time to get this fixed before the next winter if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks.
  2. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

There are electrical connectors and wires under the seat.

What you can do is get a mirror and flashlight and look up under the seat for any loose connectors or wires.

Other than that, you would need a GM factory service manual set (which would have wiring diagrams) for your year/model vehicle and know how to use a multimeter to troubleshoot electrical problems. This system has a heat sensor in the seat, an electronic module in the seat, and communicates with other electronic modules in the vehicle over a computer local area network.

If other functions on the seat work and this is the only problem, then I would guess it would be a problem with a heat sensor in the seat. Maybe a loose connection to the sensor. Or another loose connector. An animal may have crawled under there and chewed a wire (puppy)? Or maybe someone shoved something under the seat and knocked a wire loose? Etc.