Heater / AC Controls

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by inspectormatt, May 5, 2008.

1. inspectormatt

inspectormatt Member

Hi,

I have a 1993 Suburban that I just bought. The heater control doesn't seem to work. The fan turns on but will blow only air out of the dash vents. It won't blow any air out of the defroster vents or the floor vents. Anyone know whats wrong with it? Is it the control panel itself or something other under the dash?

Thanks in advance!

2. LANDBARG

LANDBARG Rockstar

It's the blend door under the dash. It is located in the air passageway in the big black box way down yonder by the floor. It's a bugger, but replace the whole unit if you can. Make sure it's not stuck first.

3. inspectormatt

inspectormatt Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

4. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i made a writeup on this issue. if you got small hands and give yourself time it can be done the dealer wants $1200 to replace the motor. i got a replacement at pick n pull for $5. the 3 different door motors are the same so the dash blend door is in the front center and the the recycle door is alittle bit harder but can be done in 45 min and the rear ac/heat motor is the same. i got 4-5 units at the recycle yard......mike