1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

heater/ac problem {mostly heater!! help its getting cold :(!!!}

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by notpilbrisk, Oct 3, 2011.

1. notpilbrisk

notpilbrisk New Member

Okay guys. hope everyone is doing well. I have been extremely busy, and have been with out a heater or ac for over two months. AC i can deal with but living in colorado now and getting ready to endure a 2000 mile trip back home to philadelphia for work related school. i need to get my heater fixed. my 1993 suburban has been a phoenix arizona vehicle its entire life. i took a trip to flagstaff a few months ago and was off road climbing up a mountain and it was getting chilly. soo i turned the heater on. about 15 mins later i started smelling something burning and then all power to my climate control center went out. there was no fire and i have found no burned wire. determined it was just the motor that smoked out. the fan was destroyed when i removed it. so yesterday i finally got a new blower motor and fan. there appears to be a power wire and a ground wire on the motor. i figured i lost all power to the climate control center because the motor lost a ground. soo wen i installed the new motor i was hoping that power would return to me climate control center. it did not. i checked the relay and it is not burned but i have no way of knowing if it is good or not. i dont want to just throw a relay at it hoping that power will be restored to my climate control module. does anybody have any idea where i should turn next. i dont understand why i would lose power to the whole module just because the blower motor went out..... really really stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated soo i can drive home for multiple days being some wat comfortable. again it is a 1993 k2500 suburban. had a 454 tbi in it and i blew it up and swapped a 1992 tbi motor out of my other suburban into this one. thanks Gerry
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Sounds like the climate control unit smoked out, also take a look at the fuses there is one for the climate control.
  3. notpilbrisk

notpilbrisk New Member

checked the fuses all good. gonna bring my test light home from work to see if i have power to the fuse itself. there was no smoke coming from the climate control module wen this all happened only by the passengers right foot directly where the blower motor sits.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

i also have an extra climate control module from my other suburban that i am going to plug in and see if it works tomorrow. hopefully itll be that easy to fix. fingers crossed!!! but any other ideas would be really helpful! also to the relay i have source voltage on two wires... not sure if that is supposed to be or not.....