1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heater/AC problem with 2004 Yukon

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Ront68, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Ront68

Ront68 New Member

When starting the Yukon and the AC is turned on, you may get AC on one side and heat on another. Shut the engine off and restart and it may produce AC on both sides, heat on both sides, or heat on the opposite side. I have actually stopped on the shoulder of an interstate highway, shut the engine off and restart it. You can have the AC on, then get a blast of hot air in your face for a few minutes then back to AC. Has anyone had this problem before, and if so what did you do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AC is not good when it is 20 degrees outside. Thanks...
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Without any testing, I'd say the dash module is bad.

Try turning the auto off and just operate it manually.
  3. Ront68

Ront68 New Member

That is what I originally thought, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. It does not eliminate the possibility of 2 problems. The a/c and heater work fine in the rear. thanks..
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Completely separate from the front, they do share the compressor and the hot water, but that is about it.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that it could be the fresh air door actuator. you can try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, reconnect it. turn the key forward, (not to start) and then turn on the hvac unit. do not touch it for a minute or two after you turn the unit on. if you listen closely you might hear the actuators recalibrating.