1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heater blower noise

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dale, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Dale

Dale New Member

The heater blower in my 08 Sierra 5.3 makes a high pitched noise from under the dash on the passenger side. It may come at will in speeds 2 to 4 but will go away in 1 or 5. It seems more like a vibration than bearing noise, but I can't detect. Sometimes going over a bump will make it start or stop, but the fan also makes noise when the truck is parked with the motor off. Everything works, but it is annoying. Has anyone had a similar problem? I don't want to tear apart everything and still not find it.
  2. aussie453

aussie453 New Member

I had the same problem. I found a dry leaf had somehow found its way into the heater / aircon fan. May be worth a look.
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  5. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Dale welcome to the club
  7. Tuff_Truck01

Tuff_Truck01 New Member

I had a problem where the blower motor stopped working with 3 settings on my climate control switch. I thought it had something to do with the climate control switch itself and when I took it to the dealership I found out it was a melted blower motor resistor harness. They told me it was going to cost close to $100 for the part, so I went shopping on my own and found a harness that was $33. It was way better than the one the dealership mechanic showed me, which only had black and white wires and seemingly one gauge size. The harness I found matched the one in my 02 Silverado, both wire color and gauge size and now my heat and a/c work perfect. I found the harness at http://www.buywiring.com/7-wire_blower_motor_resistor_harness_gm_15862656_acdelco_pt2195.html If you want the correct part, this is clearly the one to get.

If the resistor is bad, I was told by the dealership that it is likely the connector on the blower motor resistor harness will be damaged as well. My repair was exactly like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7DqaqHTCzw. Before I replaced the resistor I researched which would be the best and found that there are a ton of junk knock offs. The one in the video is the best one and you'll know because it will say "Slovenia" on the green ceramic coating. I got mine from the Chevy dealer in my town.

Hope this is helpful and let us know what you end up doing!!!