1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

heater blowing cold air??

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by identityPRS, Dec 20, 2008.

1. identityPRS

identityPRS Rockstar 100 Posts

hey guys. i have an 04 sliverado regular cab. this has ben hapening for a while now. never really cared until we go 6 inches of snow lastnight...

my heater is blowing cold air no matter where the sliders are. it just goes back and forth between hot and cold whenever it feels like it. i have noticed that it seems to work better, not good but better, when i am driving at higher speeds for a longer amount of time. however, when im stuck in traffic because its snowing like crazy, its nothing but cold air.

any help??

2. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like the blend door is stuck or the heater core is plugged. Check the lines going to the heater core to see if both lines are hot. If they are then I suspect it is the Blend door