1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heater Control Problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ChevyBoy2009, Oct 14, 2012.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Heys guys i have a quick question and hopefully you guys can help out.My brother-in-laws truck is a 1996 Chevy 1500 5.7l 2wd. So anyway about 3 weeks ago he called me and asked why his heater control isnt working,so i told him to come over and lets replace some stuff.So we replaced the blower motor,the bosch fuse under there,checked all the fuses,blower motor resistor,etc...Still nothing,so i took the heater control out and checked all the wires for cuts,etc...Still nothing.So i put everything back together and messed with it for alittle and noticed when the key is on and you push the A/C button the light for that dont even turn on.Could i be wrong thinking the heater control itself finally took a dump??...its been getiing cold here at nights/mornings,so hes needing this fixed...any suggestions??
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Nobody has any suggestions??
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It could be the switch, but light s in those are known to burn out, so no light does not necessarily mean that it is bad. Did you check to see if you are getting power to the switch? then turn it on and see if power leaves the switch. Grab a test light and give it a check. Did you check the fuses under the hood and in the fuse panel?
  4. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

I havent checked if im getting power to it or not and ya i checked the fuses under the hood and fuse panel