Heater controls

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by Straightshooter, May 7, 2007.

1. Straightshooter

Straightshooter New Member

Has anyone else had a problem with heater controls? Most of the time, the blower on my 2004 will only run on high speed (4). I've already replaced the blower resistor. Any suggestions?

2. jhbmf

jhbmf New Member

I've got a 2004 Colorado LS that started doing that almost a month ago i guess. It is intermittent, I can't pin point it to anything like leaving the AC on or off or at any particular level, it does it with ac or heat. I assume it is either the fan motor or the switch. I haven't been able to take it in to the dealer because I'm never near the dealer when its doing it.

Plus sometimes if it starts doing it right away when i get in the truck I can switch it between 3 and 4 real fast and it will start working. This is why I think its the switch. Sometimes though I will mess with it for 20 minutes and get nowhere only to park it and come back 5 minutes later and its working. It is very strange and VERY annoying. If you figure it out let me know and I will do the same (If I ever take it in to have it looked at).

The last time it did that I tried to pop the dash cover off and look at the switch but it's all clustered in with the other 2 knobs into one unit so I can't investigate a whole lot.

Also See: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6197