1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heater Core Clogged

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by LoneWolf'burban, Sep 27, 2010.

1. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban New Member

Is there a way of unclogging a heater core without removing it from the truck?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Year, make, model? and you can try the radiator flush stuff, and another thing that i have done in the past (most likely not recommended but i did it anyway) is with the flush stuff in the radiator reverse the heater core lines. Also you can try just back flushing the heater core as well.
  3. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban New Member

84 Chevy burban. I was thinking the same thing. I apreciate the help. Need to find a small bottle of the flush stuff. Maybe even using some soft wire to see if the clog was close to one of the ends of the core. Something like a tripled strand of solder so I don't poke a hole in it. Radiator stop leak products seem to be a double edged knife here...
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Yep i wont use anything for radiator stop leak, except i keep a bottle in my hunting truck so when im 70 miles from the middle of nowhere i can at least limp home.
    and i very highly doubt the clog is close your finns are all clogged up in you used rad stop leak.. get a large jug of the rad flush stuff from your parts store and you may have to flush it twice