1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heater Core Replacement 91 Suburban [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rudydeleon, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudydeleon

rudydeleon New Member

In the process of replacing my heater core and would welcome any advice or comments. It's a front heater core. I've already taken of off all the "duct work" and need to locate the three studs that hold the case on. Do I need to take off the a/c plastic housing to get access to the studs?

Thanks,

Rudy
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site, I'm sure one of the guys can help you out.
  3. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Important question

Steve, you forgot to ask: Front or rear?
  4. azblazor

azblazor New Member

You do need to take off the "plastic" cover over the engine compartment AC evaporator to access the fasteners.

Mark
  5. rudydeleon

rudydeleon New Member

Hi everyone,

This is actually Rudy's wife Angie replying. Just wanted to thank you for your comments. He finally figured out that you had to move the side fender well over to gain access to the back bolts. He was able to rock it, but it still is being attached by something. Any ideas? Has anyone done this job before?

I have been checking around, and all of the things I have seen indicate it to be a real pain. I will let you know how it goes, so if anyone is having coolant leak down their legs, stay tuned and we'll give you the skinny on how to tackle this beast. Hopefully better than all of the manuals we have looked at before.

Take care and again thanks,

Angie
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  6. azblazor

azblazor New Member

I hope you have it done by now. If not send me an email at mdwhiting@cox.net and I can scan or fax you some factory manual diagrams. I have done the heater core on several 73-91 body style suburbans (last one 3 or 4 years ago). But unfortunately the last 2 or three have been on 88-98 body style and that is what is now pictured in my mind. But I'll be glad to dig up some pictures if that would help.

Mark
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.