1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

heater fan relay

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by soatway, Oct 5, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. soatway

soatway New Member

I have a 94 k2500 gmc suburban with the 454 and a/c. I am having a problem with my heater fan motor. The motor works fine but only on low or high. There are two medium settings where nothing happens anymore. As i go though the differnt positions i can hear a soft clicking coming from what appears to be four relays sitting on top of the heater ac unit under the dash. I have the glove box out. How do i isolate the relay? Are they all the same part? Can anyone help me? I have read the available posts and feel like I am close to a solution.
  2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member 100 Posts

i bet it is the resistor pack or switch that is the issue. the resistors control what speed the motro goes into...........mike
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check THIS THREAD out and it should give you some good info.
  4. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Bravo. Not the most complete body of data, but very, very good. Thanks!:rofl:
  5. soatway

soatway New Member

The resistor pack sounds like what was calling the relays. I work at a gm store so will check it out . Thanks/