Heater problems

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jb9164, Feb 21, 2009.

1. jb9164

jb9164 New Member

Hello everyone I am new to the site! I have been having some trouble with my heater and was hopeing that maybe someone could help me out. I have a 2005 chevy HD2500. My problem with the heater is that it only works on fan speeds 1,3,5 only and works about the same on them all.Also it blows air through mainly the vent and defrost no matter where the selector is at. Any help would be great and THANKS

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! The problem you are having is because you need to replace your blower motor resistor.

3. oldguy

oldguy New Member

I will have to agree here! Singel speed fan is almost always attributed to the resistor being shot in at least one of the resistors in the switch circuit.
    Not too familiar with GM's environmental system, but is this the way it behaves when the resistor goes out? Only blowing through vent/defrost? On Ford, it's usually a directional door motor or in the case of no heat the blend door motor...

4. jb9164

jb9164 New Member

Thanks for the help. Where is the resistor at? I haven't really work on anything like that before. I know what they look like but wher edo I need to look.