1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Heater Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Metaluzc, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I live in Northern Pennsylvania, about 9 or 10 degrees last night, so I had the heater on full blast as I was driving down the road, well all of a sudden I start to smell a strange odor and my first thought was "hope that's just the car in front of me and not my heater crapping out." Well, the heater continued to produce hot air and the smell eventually went away, so I figured I lucked out and shut off my truck to hang with friends at a bar. About four to five hours later I come out to start up my truck and absolutely no warmth coming out of the heater, I don't even hear it trying to "blow" the air out. So what does this sound like; a bad heater core, bad blower/fan, the entire heating system needs replaced, bad fuse? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Shooter

Shooter Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't think the heater core would have anything to do with the blower not working. It would just blow cold air is all. So if the blower is not blowing I would start by checking the fuse, and if that is OK it would be time to test the blower motor its self.
    You didn't say what the "smell" was? Did it smell like wires burning?
    Good luck to you.