1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heater Resistor replacement

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by i luv mud, Feb 23, 2010.

1. i luv mud

i luv mud New Member

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 4 Dr 1500 LS 4WD SUV I am looking at replacing my heater resistor on my 2000 Chevy suburban. But I'm not sure where it is located or how to go about changing it.I here alot about it being easy... But I'm just trying to get a picture of where it's located. Thank for the help.
  2. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed New Member

I believe it's on the bottom the the duct work below the glove box area. There is a plastic kick panel that runs from the drivers right side to the far right of the dash underneath that needs to be removed to get to it.

If you have cabin air filters they will be in the same area.
  3. i luv mud

i luv mud New Member

I appreciate the help. I thought that it might be down there. One place i saw was behind the glove box. I looked behind there, wasn't looking easy... Thanks again. I will start there.