1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

heater/vents not working, only blowing to floor

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by thattallguy32, Oct 6, 2009.

1. thattallguy32

thattallguy32 New Member

hey guys,
    i recently just got a remote start installed, and now my vents/blowers rent working properly.
    the different speeds and heats are all working but it seems to only be stuck on blowing to the floor. When i turn the knob to change the different settings, i only feel resistance on the floor setting, the rest it just freely turns.

any ideas on how to do a cheap fix on this?

2. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

What kind of truck do you have and what year is it? (2005 Silverado, 1984 S10, etc etc)?
  3. thattallguy32

thattallguy32 New Member

Heh I suppose that info could help. Surprised I forgot it. Its a 1995 silvresdo 1500. 5.7L.

Got it fixed finally though. Turns out the whole control module was fried so I replaced it fully. Seems to be workin nicely so far.