1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Heating Issues?????

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by 95Tahoe, Oct 20, 2012.

1. 95Tahoe

95Tahoe New Member

Help.....my 95 tahoe 4x4 will blow heat out of the floor and defog no matter where i select it to go. I checked the actuator by the gas pedal and it moves when i change the settings from floor to defog and then to vents and floor. It will NOT blow out of the vents its really faint coming out. It blows hard out of the floor and defog all the time. I had a bad blower motor and I replaced it...I also cleaned the debris out of the heater core(leaves n such). My heat is hot but I cant control the direction of the blow. There are 3 or 4 of these actuators Right? The blend air door will open and close without issue as well. PLEASE HELP. Michigan winter is almost here. Im tired of catching heat in the face while driving.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Right, the one(s) causing your problem are called mode actuators.

Some times, they fail to reset when the battery has been disconnected. I have been lucky, in the past, by trying a battery disconnect and letting them reset. Note: for me, they never reset on the first try, move the controls and retry.