Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Heating issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by joker_fly, Dec 18, 2009.

1. joker_fly

joker_fly New Member

My suburban 1500 1995 350 has a problem

It dosent get warm

And since i live in sweden and the outside temp is -15 celsius its cold as **** =)

Att the rear the only air i can get blowing is cold (Ice cold), and the fan seams not to be blowing like it should be, i can hear it change speeds but i just dont think it blows enough ?

Help me plez

Kim / Sweden

2. 454MetalSled

454MetalSled New Member

Kim, I just repaired my K2500 Suburban, that had the same problem. In my case, the thermostat (Front of intake manifold underneith the water neck, where the upper radiator hose connects), was seized in the "open" position. This is in fact, how most thermostats fail..."open" that is. When open, the thermostat continually cycles coolant through the radiator, and will never heat up to a comfortable level given your outside temperature. Might want to contact our President...He's working on the whole Global warming thing....Oh that's right...It's cold out. We just got an all-time, pre-winter, record breaking snowfall, in Virginia, USA. Our fearless leader needs a new theme to progress his communist takeover legislation. Ha Ha, seriously though, It's most likely your thermostat....inexpensive part to repair. Good luck!!!

3. joker_fly

joker_fly New Member

Ive just replaced my t-stat

and im still frezzing =(

the engine is going up to temp so the t-stat is working

But i cant get it to blow heat from the rear ? now it only blows ice cold

can i get heat from the rear ?

In the upper control panel i can only set fan speeds to rear ? (maby i aint got an heater core at the back ?)

What operating temps are you getting from your suburbans ? when hot ? plez post a pic since my is celsius
    gradded =)

Joust bought the car and now i cant use it since it dsent warm up and keep the front screen clean from icing

Just to make sure it does blow hot but not like volvo 240 =) and only cold from rear

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

double check the coolant level as that can cause no a heat scenario

5. joker_fly

joker_fly New Member

Is there a high spot at the rear with a bleed valve ? if so where ?

Colant level is at an all time high =)