Helix Power Tower

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by cmur75, Sep 1, 2008.

1. cmur75

cmur75 New Member

I have a 04 silverado ext cab Z71 and was looking at the Helix Power Tower & Airmax Intake System. Has anybody tried these items and/or have any opinions on them .

Thanks

2. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the same truck and have both the spacer and intake. I've had them for almost 3 or 4 years and would recommend them to anyone. Check out truck addons.com and summitracing.com for price. you may be able to save a few bucks if you shop around.

3. cmur75

cmur75 New Member

Thanks. Nice truck. I actually just put the black & chrome DC-1's on my charcoal colored truck. Dont have any pics yet though.

4. tasker777

tasker777 New Member

I'm also looking at adding the Helix Power Tower onto my 05 silverado. Did you ever add one of them on? If so what brand did you go with and what differences have you noticed? Have the changes been positive or negative with the throttle control & fuel mileage? Do you notice any power difference in the power band? If so was it in the low end, mid range, or top end?

Do you ever tow anything and if so do you notice a difference with this upgrade while you're towing?

5. detailjohn

detailjohn Rockstar 100 Posts

Had a helix on my 95 yukon ran great...

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

intake will be good i dont know about the spacer, there kind of bogus.