1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HELLA LED tailights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by reggiecab2000, Aug 30, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

this is about a month and a half late, but i just remembered i hadnt uploaded these pictures yet..., heres my new hella tailights, replacing my old('03 tailights) after one was busted when a tow strap hit it during a little encounter i had getting stuck in water.

before...

photo 1 (3).jpg

heres the difference...
    photo 2 (3).jpg

FYI ignore my tailgate LED strip, that got busted to from the towstrap breaking, ive already ripped it off

Brakes...
    photo 2 (2).jpg

running lights...
    photo 3.jpg

hella...
    photo 3 (2).jpg

'03 lights (same fitment for 2000 though)
    photo 4 (2).jpg

photo 4.jpg

these things are crazy bright

photo 5.jpg

and here was my putco led 3rd brake light... even though it functions perfectly, got a new HELLA one, so i replaced it and for obvious reasons, look at the cargo lamp, hardly any light output at all
    photo 5 (2).JPG

photo 1 (2).jpg

i didnt take pics of the new cargo lamps, (they are on my truck in the pictures with the brake lights on and the one with the running lights on) but they are led brakelights with incandescant cargo's if you can tell
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice choice - the Hella 3pc kit is a really nice kit from a solid manufacturer ... and a great bargain for the money. I tried to get one but there were fitment problems with the Sierra, so I had to go a different route. That's what I would have been sporting if it fit, though!
  3. reggiecab2000

indeed, I was never planning on going with the all out led assembled taillight, even though there's brands out there like spyder, spec-d, ipcw, etc., but when i saw hella i knew it had to be reputable, but it is sad how they discontinued the entire line of tailights :/
    they actually never made these for my truck (2000), only 03-07 and up. Good thing 99-07 all has the same fitment for tailights and 3rd brakelights, just a different style
  4. SurrealOne

Yup. Sadly the silvy has 4 plugs for the tail lights while the Sierra only has 3 ... which is why I couldn't buy/use the Hellas.
  5. reggiecab2000

99-02 silverados only have 3 plugs, 03-07 have 4, and to let you know the hella tailights only have 3 plugs
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

look nice....
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Those look good. Where did you order them from?
  8. reggiecab2000

thanks!
    try Tirerack.com, if they still have them,
    I know autoanything.com still comes up when you do a google search, but the link is invalid because they stopped carrying them too. just gotta look around thats all
  9. SurrealOne

Yup, I likely could have ordered 99-02 tails for my 04 sierra. I eventually sussed that out on my own and the tails I have now are, indeed, for 99-02 silvies. I got super fed up with spyder and others assuming 1:1 correspondence of parts between silvy/Sierra years ... when there isn't for some.
  10. reggiecab2000

just an FYI... my lights will fit your truck!!! if thats what you were wanting, unless you convinced yourself otherwise, you can still get them:great: