1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello everyone , new guy in town!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MOUNTAINGOAT, Feb 28, 2011.

1. MOUNTAINGOAT

MOUNTAINGOAT New Member

Rich in wv. glad to find the site, got a real dumb question, actually 2 so here go,s,New 2010 silverado love the truck, darn dome lites won,t come on when dr. is opened, yes ive read the manual and overroad it and all and still no dome lites??? any ideas??? Second dumb question, love the chrome wheels and lug covers but can i take the black plastic lug covers out of the centers to wash & wax behind them??
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Rich.
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard, Rich! If you look on the left side of your steering column just under the left-most air vent, there is a cylindrical knob that can be pushed in (causing it to protrude outward). Flanking it vertically (on the top and bottom), there are two square buttons (although the top one is the only actual button). It is labeled 'Dome Off'. If you press that, it should allow the dome lights to come on each time the doors are open. If that doesn't work, you may have a wiring problem but my prediction is that this will take care of your problem.

As for the lug covers, I'm not quite sure (I don't think my wheels have that) but if they're covering the lugs then they have to come off so that you can loosen the lugs to remove the wheels. My suggestion would be to check them out and see if there is a groove or something where you can stick a flat headed screw driver in there to pop them off.

Good luck!
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. I assume you tried the dome switch in the headlight switch cluster. Does the dome light come on at all?
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Rich, welcome to the club. Since your trucks new & under warranty, I'd make the dealer fix it lol
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!I had the same problem with the lights,press the dome off button and you will get your lights back.
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your new ride!!!
  10. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club Rich!