1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello form Edmonton

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by weswins, Aug 18, 2010.

1. weswins

weswins New Member

Hi, my name is Wes and I am from Edmonton, AB

Anyone else here form Edmonton?

I like to go out 4X4ing but there is really no good places to go around here, anybody know where to go?

I drive a lifted (3" body) black 1994 Silverado Z71 riding on 33" rubber.
    The two-bolt 350 is fed through a K&N air filter through a stock TB to a Poweraid TB spacer.
    Exhaust is Flowtec headers to a full no-cat Flowmaster 3" to dual 2.5" out either side.

I need some form of not-open-diff for the rear because it chews out one tire at a time and rotating back and forth is getting to be a pain in the.... lower back... Any suggestions? I kind of want a detroit locker but don't really want to drop that many pennies. It is daily driven and will not be taken off the road except to get really filthy, so a welded diff is not an option for me.

So that's me and my problems.
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

First off, Welcome to the Site!

I don't have a 4x4 yet, but I am also from edmonton and have been looking into where to go offroading for once i have something to go in. There used to be a place on the north side of stony plain road a bit west of 184th, but somebody went in and put what looks to be 6x6 posts in the openings that you used to be able to drive in - the rest of it is fenced on the front. It is unfortunate since I checked in out on Google Earth, and it looked like a decent sized area with quite a few trails. Other than that, there is a place out by sherwood park that you can pay to go and use their trails as long as you have a second person with you.

I am sure there are other places that I don't know about, but I haven't had any luck finding them.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To The Site Wes.....Any pictures of your Ride??.....:glasses:
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  5. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC. You shouldn't have any problems finding the information you are looking for.
  6. weswins

weswins New Member

This is my truck
    DIGGER 1.jpg DIGGER 2.jpg DIGGER STUCK 2.jpg
    The last picture is top show that I do take it off road and do get it stuck.
    I tried to come up over a peat mound but the 'path' wound to the left much quicker than I had anticipated so I slid into the pit. If I had lockers or even limited slip I would have driven out of it. I needed to find one mother of a jeep to tug me out.
    Here is the video ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6PpwlDdzY <== My fiance narrated it (kinda)
    Enjoy!
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club...nice pics! I had a few stuck moments myself. Gotta luv it!
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard... Getting stuck sucks, till afterwards and you get to see pics and video like that.
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!