1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Australia!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Big Damo, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Big Damo

Big Damo New Member

Gday guys, I'm from Victoria, Australia. I'm here to find out more about the Silverado/Sierras which are very rare down under.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard you came to the right place for info on these great trucks..

3. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site

4. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

Gday Mate. :happy:
    Welcome to the madness
    Are you thinking on importing one downunder?

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

6. Big Damo

Big Damo New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Petrol (Gas), for 91 (which is the equivilent of your 87) goes for around $1.25 AUD for a litre ($4.75 AUD/4.20 USD a US Gallon) which is fairly cheap at the moment, just before the GFC it hit $1.75 a litre and diesel was pushing $2 a litre for some unknown reason. Also yeah the Suburban is quite rare, I've only ever seen one.

I'd love to import and convert a Silverado but unfortunately it ends up costing around $100,000+ on the road, because of lots of issues with LHD to RHD conversion and making sure it complies with Australian Design Rules, so I'm settling on 90s models at the moment, as they've fallen in the $20,000 price range now :)

For $20,000 I've got a selection of near new utes (our version of trucks, but smaller) like the Commodore and Falcon, but they're just too common and small for my tastes. The older Silverado is more capable, looks awesome and is quite a rare sight down here.

I'm more of a Ford man, but the 70s/80s/90s F series looks like ass, I quite love the look of the Silverado of the late 80s/90s, very muscular and in your face.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  7. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

g'day mate from san fran, ca

8. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Good luck on finding the truck you want.

9. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST Rockstar 100 Posts

wow! welcome to the site! its crazy how much it costs to own one of our trucks/utes over/down there! lol

10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!