1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from AZ

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by AbramJ, May 24, 2012.

1. AbramJ

AbramJ New Member

Hello everyone. MY name is Abram and I live in Arizona. I'm 24 years old, married, and have a daughter. I've always owned Chevy's. My first truck was a 1976 Suburban (Silverado 10 2wd), which I still own. My parents bought this truck from it's original owner in '84. I am slowly trying to restore it (when my parents gave it to my older brother he kind of messed it up). I owned a 1975 Suburban (Scottsdale 10 4x4) for a few months too, but got rid of it because it was less reliable than my '76. I now own and drive a 1992 Suburban 2500 4x4.My wife owns a 2008 Pontiac G6. I am currently a student and in the AZ Army National Guard. I'll be deploying this summer. I was going to buy a new Suburban when I got home, but they are just too expensive! So i'll be using the money I save to work on my '76 and '92.

The Suburban is an obsession of mine and I feel like I know a lot about them (at least more than a lot of the sales people at the dealership here do...) I love Suburbans and am kind of sad to see that they are becoming more of an elitist/soccer mom type car. Sigh, at least I still have my old ones!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great: Got pics of your rides?
  3. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, enjoy the site. You will find a lot of useful info here and might pick up a couple of friends on the way.
  4. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Abram, it's good to have you here with us. :glasses:
  5. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the club!
  6. AbramJ

AbramJ New Member

Thanks guys! As requested here are pics of my current trucks

The '76
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The '76 used to be Catalina blue overall with all the bodyside mouldings. My dad had it re-painted a couple times. I plan on fully restoring it to how it looked fresh from the factory. Right now she's sitting in storage in my grandfather's garage. (Those two pictures are ones I photoshopped the rust and damage off of. You'll see the real ones in the link below to my facebook album)

The '92
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the '92 The things I've done since I got it are: new side mirror glass on driver's side, new off road tires, new center caps for the wheels, newer bowtie for the grille, new 2500 emblems I haven't put on yet, aftermarket taillights, bug/stone deflector, full overhead console inside (from '95-'99), new dome lights (from '95-'99), and LED lights inside. I've been on the lookout for a new rear bumper and possibly a trailer hitch (I found a bumper today at the junkyard that was perfect. But my ratchet broke as I was trying to remove it [lesson learned: spend a little extra to get a good one..]). I plan on getting a front full grille/brush guard and taillight guards as well as window vent visors and new headlights/parklights. I'd also like to get a roof basket system with lights.

(here's a link to some more pictures of the '76 and the '75 I had for a little while: And heres a pic of my wife's car:
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Oh and thanks for the Star Trek reference, I'm a Trekkie too!
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice! :great:
  8. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

WELCOME TO THE GMTC FAMILY!! Hope that you enjoy the site.. nice pics of your rigs!!! :)
  9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard the GMTC! Great group of people here and always willing to help with any and all problems you may have with the trucks. We're suckers for pictures as well (you've already put some up :great:). Again, welcome aboard
  10. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Glad you could join us.