1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 99burb, Aug 26, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 99burb

99burb New Member

Hi, I am just introducing myself to the forum. My name is Adam, current project is a 1999 K1500 Suburban 5.7 Vortec that is getting head gaskets and possibly new heads/exhuast. Motor is currently stock with the exception of a K&N. Truck has 175K and has become like a member of the family. My wife, kids... even the dogs love this truck. Any input or suggestions about how to budget build for more power/MPG are greatly appreciated. Was wondering if upgrading heads is worth it without a cam and what the best route is for getting some headers on it and a more free flowing exhaust.
    Thanks in advance,
    Adam

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!! Unless you are ready to do a full tune, to try and delete the 4 O2 sensors we have or invest alot of money in getting the full exhaust reworked to be able to add long tubes and keep the sensors then its not worth it, shortys will work fine but wont get quite the numbers of long tubes. I have done exhaust from cats on back, K&N and a hypertech III and am pretty happy with the results, nothing tremendous but the tranny likes the update form the hypertech and so does the gas tank and wallet

3. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the site!

4. jediracer

jediracer Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site my fellow Cincinnatian.

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. Brews

Brews Rockstar

Welcome to the site!

7. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site