1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from eastern PA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by wjmoneypit, Mar 7, 2012.

1. wjmoneypit

wjmoneypit New Member

My name is Kyle and my truck is: 1999 silverado with 85K on her and I'm from Elverson PA.

I just bought the truck 2 months ago, and have been fixing her up since. I knew it was going to need some work when I got it, but couldnt have guessed this much work. (for the price I couldn't say no) This is my 1st Chevy, I was raised a ford guy, but I hope it turns out to be a good choice. I am a college student, and do my wrenching on the weekends usually. I'm always trying to learn more about tech, and I hope to find help here in those who have gone before me.

So far its been go'n by feel and finding one thing after another, so here is my progress so far:
    - most of rear axle (except for shafts and ring and pinion)
    -pads, rotors, calipers, lines (all of them...and fabbed them)
    -shocks
    -OE style replacement head lamps
    -removed rust and painted everything on the undercarriage I could get
    -removed entire interior for cleaning...yes it was that bad
    -rockers and cab corners (in progress)

My plans for the direction of the truck are to keep it simple and reliable:fix damaged front clip, cowl hood, 3" of lift, wheel/tire combo with 33's, 3" duals with 10 series flows, CAI, front tints, tonneau cover, and finally enjoy.

Thanks in advance for the welcomes
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!
  3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

85,000 miles isn't bad for a '99! Hopefully this will be a good truck for you to learn your desired tech. skills. Joining the forum was a great idea, there are plenty of knowledgeable members on here that can be much of help! You mentioned you were a college student, what are you studying? Anything relating to automotive work, or is auto work more of a hobby?

Welcome to the club and I look forward to seeing the restoration/mods. Oh and don't forget to add some pics of the new rig to your profile! Doing so will make it easier for members to look at your truck on the fly if you have a question.
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club Kyle!!!:great:
  5. wjmoneypit

wjmoneypit New Member

Thanks AMac, yea the millage is great for the year, thats part of the reason I bought it. I am actually studying Biology at KU, and I do landscaping and detail cars on the side when I'm not here. Wrenching has always been a shared passion with my pops. I will post up pics when I get home next, but Im extremely happy with how well its cleaned up so far. The guy who had it before me didnt take good care of it, but 6 compounds of polish and pulling the interior got rid of most of the ugly.

And for the record, I finance 100% of it
  6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome Kyle, your truck looks better in the picture than the description. I think those are great trucks in fact I have one. Anyway, good luck and post plenty of pictures, we like that here.
    :glasses:
  7. wjmoneypit

wjmoneypit New Member

Funny thing about that...its not mine. :sign0017: Im not taking credit for anyone else's ride, I just dont have any pics of mine to post yet. But the truck in the pic is identical to what I got, just in better condition. I will post pics asap tho.
  8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Sounds like you are well on your way to a real nice truck!
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great: