1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from eastern Washington...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bonzai01, May 31, 2007.

1. Bonzai01

Bonzai01 Member

Hi, noob here... handle is Bonzai01. I am located in the eastern portion of washington state, where the pine trees meet the desert sand and sage brush. Fantastic country for off road adventures. I am driving an '88 GMC "2High" Sierra/Suburban. All white (ex-county rig), we left the "for government use only" stickers on it and put an official looking "area 51-Search and Recovery" door decal where the county logo was...the looks are priceless. I'll try and get some photos up in the next few days. This is the first full size gm rig I've owned (had a couple of s-10s) and I have to admit, it's one of the most comfortable rides ever, with enough juice - 350/throttle body FI/auto - to crank those 8 lug wheels (just paid $64 for new lug nuts for custom wheels - 32 of those babies- sticker shock!!) Anyway, wanted to say hi and watch for the area 51 recovery team LOL!! Bonzai01.:cool:
  2. bigbrett

bigbrett Rockstar

Hi back at ya from diagonaly across the continent
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!:great:

Please keep us posted on your Area51 findings.:rules:
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Howdy. I lived in Spokane from 1980 to 1987, then in Seattle from 87 until 99. Welcome to the site!
  5. Bonzai01

Bonzai01 Member

Thanks for the welcome guys, lotta miles between Quebec and here, and Steve I've got my dads side of the family in Texas, been there a couple of times when I was a kid...that country sure is flat, not even a hill to climb for a better view! Trail, I'll keep you posted on any eastern washington alien search and recovery efforts, but with hanford (nuke site) glowing in the dark it'll be tough to spot 'em!! Thanks again, Kerry.:great:
  6. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome, That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard. Please post pictures of that. Now this guy has my sense of humour...
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Fellow Washingtonian! I live North of Vancouver near Mt.St.Helens. Post some pics of that sweet ride.:great:
  8. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Another page from the X-Files

I was 4wheeling near Helendale, Ca and came across Area 51 1/2. If you use google maps use the address: 34.832464, -117.294867 and you will see a very interesting facility owned and operated by Lockheed's Skunkworks division. You can read more about it here: Little Known Airfields While I was there, security came out to shadow me when I got within 50 feet of the fence, and followed me as I drove along the perimeter.
    [​IMG]
  9. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar 100 Posts

We're going to take over this site, those who are from Washington! yea!
  10. Bonzai01

Bonzai01 Member

Thanks for the shout fellow washington ridge runners...anyone ever in spokane drop me an e-mail and we'll do coffee (that applies to you out of staters too!!) Still trying to get some photos up for the cable guy...glad to see twisted humor is appreciated here LOL! Kerry.:meuh: