1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Idaho!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Skippy, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Lurked the forum a few times to get data on Chevrolet Silverados. I own a 2006 Vortec Max, that's been lightly modded. (CAI, peformance Tune, cat-back and tranny upgrade).

I joined the forum, because I found there wasn't enough information on the web about the 2006 Vortec Max capability, and figured if I shared my experience, I could help others find information, too.

I tow a 33' (30' + 3' for the tongue) that weighs about 9000lbs loaded. The Vortec Max (at least with my mods) is an absolute beast. Love this truck. :)

I'm a project manager for a major tech company, manage a team of about 28, and travel regularly around the world. I'm also an automotive shade-tree mechanic, and have a small garage that services my neighbors. LOL It's all "free" though, and I don't do machining.

I used to be a school teacher in Oklahoma, but moved back to Idaho to actually make a living I could raise a family on. That was 10 years ago, and I couldn't be happier.

Cheers!

_Skippy
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!
  3. Skippy

Nice Rig. Diablew does nice tunes... Was going to go that route, but when I got my truck, I found some yahoo had locked the PCM with a crap-tastic tune. The Diablo tuner didn't function with it. Had to go with HP tuners and direct connect to the PCM to circumvent it, hence the custom tune I've got.

How's the Detroit TrueTrac? I'm assuming you got it to support the larger tiers you've got on your rig. I've considered upgrading the diff, but don't know if it's worth the money for so little gain (I don't do a lot of off-road, and won't be going larger on the tires).
  4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  5. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! You are in the right spot to have some truck fun!
  6. Skippy

Seems like it! I like the fact it's a very active forum. That usually results in a better community. :)
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, Skippy! :great:
  8. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome to the club...........
  9. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

That major tech company in Idaho ---- That company's name wouldn't start with a giant M with a "circle" around it, would it? Welcome to the club!
  10. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!