1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from North of the border!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Tailhunter, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Tailhunter

Tailhunter New Member

Hello all! I am from the southern part of MB, Canada.

I right now am driving an 07 Silverado, because 1- My 92 GMC Sierra that I had for 9 years only once had to be towed, and that was for a measly ignition control module ( sound right?), so it was extremely reliable ( I sold it with 386 000 km running strong), and 2- my family grew to large for the extended cab, and needed something bigger, anything except a mini van!

I found a really good deal on this truck, and jumped on it.
    I really miss my 92 though, that was my baby, I had it right where I wanted it, nice rims, 33" toyo tires, stereo system, extra hd transmission, rust free, spray in bed liner... but alas, a wife and 4 kids need room to grow!:lol::party:

So far after a year of owning this 07 it is all thumbs up. I had to replace a broken rear leaf spring though, partly my fault ( I forgot to turn off the stupid traction control/stability control when trying to drift a dirt road corner), and the computer kicked in and stopped my fun with a loud (((bang))). +$400 later all is good, though in my opinion the springs should not break at 170 000km.

I never wanted a newer vehicle than my 92 until I saw the 07's, now I would love to be able to afford the new 2014 Silverado! Beautiful!

Hope I can contribute at least a little here on my scant knowledge.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  3. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's nice to have you with us. :glasses:
  4. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

southern MB....welcome from a Canadian member in SouthEastern Ontario....

Brian:penguin:
  5. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Welcome to GMTC, glad to haave you here.:great:
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome from southern NB
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

:sign0016:to the GMTC
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts