1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from NW PA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by GMC Ken, Jul 7, 2012.

1. GMC Ken

GMC Ken New Member

My name is Ken, and I live in Oil City, PA

My 2000 Sonoma is only the 2nd Truck I've owned. I found your site by doing a search to try to improve the MPG. It was real bad, but I guess anything is bad when you're used to a 98 Chevy Tracker with a 1.6 engine. I got almost 40 MPG in it. I screwed that up royallyu by not keeping it washed especially in the winter. It was all rusted out under, but it was still running strong with almost 200,000 miles on it.

Oh well, Live and Learn

I just recently found that by unplugging the A/C unit it boosted the MPG about 5 miles per gallon. I don't like A/C any way. Would there be something wrong with the A/C not turning off all the way? Just wondering.
  2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  3. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member

Welcome Aboard!
  4. Goldie

Goldie Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!
  5. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

Welcome to GMTC, hope you find everything you're looking for and more around here.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, Ken! :great:
  7. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Ken, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:

8. SWAT13

SWAT13 New Member

Welcome to the club........
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

10. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !