1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hello from ontario great site here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by stressedout, Jul 20, 2011.

1. stressedout

stressedout New Member

love this site, need help with my 2000 chevy silverado 4.8L motor is toasted, oil pump or spin a bearing top end is very noisey. looking for replacement motor...what to look for that will drop in with no mod ( plug and play ) thanks.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome. Find a '05,'06 5.3, they drop-in and have a little more hp than previous years.
  3. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Another option is a crate engine.
  4. Goldie

Goldie Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Keep us posted on what you end up doing, it will be a help to others.
  5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Good luck and X2 on keeping us posted.
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

welcome to the site from another Ontario, Canada member ....Cobourg to be exact.

Hope you enjot the site, and find lots of info.....looks like ytou sort of have already
    gotten started by asking about engines .....have fun !!!! Brian from Ontario
    ( I agree with the 5.3 option, but I wonder if it could handle a 6.0Litre !!!!!
  7. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the truck club Stressed.
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome!.......