Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Oregon!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by roger97338, Jun 8, 2009.

1. roger97338

roger97338 Member

Hello all!

I'm Roger, I'm new to the site, but not new to Chevys! I've had a lot of trucks (and cars) come and go through the years, but I've had my faithful 75 Chevy since the late 80's, when I was 15. Even though that's when I got it, it's been in the family since it was new. Grand-dad bought it brand new in 75.

It's not even CLOSE to the same, stock, 6-cylinder truck it was back then. I put a 350 in place of the 250 c.i. inline 6 many years ago. It's got a Holly 750 carb with vacuum secondaries, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, custom tailored Performance Distributors HEI, 2 1/4 inch Heddman headers, hmmmm.....lots of stuff that I don't remember right now. :money:

I also removed the stock 3 speed manual, and replaced it with a TH-400. I got a great deal on the tranny from a friend of mine, then spent way too much to have it rebuilt using top-of-the-line parts. Among the parts was a stage 2 shift kit, and....hehe...that's all I can remember. Inside, I shift it with a B&M Megashifter. Looking back, I wish I would have found a 4 speed auto transmission for it.

It's been lowered 3 inches in the front, and four in the back. The local Les Schwab installed new springs, spindles, A-arms and shocks up front. In the back, they used leaf spring hangers and shocks to get me closer to the ground. I also had them slap on a beefy front anti-sway bar. And, guess what? It still handles like a truck. :rofl: But it looks cooler doing it. :great: It has four 15x10 Ultra aluminum wheels, and four P295/50R15. Don't worry, even though all four tires are the same size, they aren't set up to stick out past the fender lip. You know what I'm talking about. :happy:

Some new rims and tires, as well as some rust repair, are in her near future.

Here's a few pix:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So that's a little about my truck, and even littler about me. Just how we like it, right? :money: So, stop by and say hello to me, so I can click on your profiles and check out your rides!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Very nice truck!

3. roger97338

roger97338 Member

Thanks Bob! I'm glad to be here! And to anyone who posts after this, sorry I can't say hello back to you tonite, but I've gotta log off and get going. I look forward to greeting you all tomorrow though!

4. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC, and wow Ii like your truck. I would like to get some $$ together some day and do a restore on a truck like that. Mine would be lifted though.

5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! That's a very nice truck you have there.

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Great looking truck, I always liked that color combo'!

7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what a truck! welcome to the club

8. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thing of Beauty!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site!!!!

9. Brews

Brews Rockstar

Very nice truck!!

10. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts