1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by D.R.Smith, Jan 8, 2014.

1. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith New Member

How you doing everyone, i'm Dallas and i'm from the Pittsburgh area (I guess you can say i'm a 'yinzer' to some extents).

I joined here recently and you all seem like some pretty good people.

I have a love of Chevys and pretty much all three of the manufacturers (Dodge, Chevy, and Ford) and have worked on their engines at one point or another. Chevy Small Blocks are in personal experience the easiest and least frustrating to work on, Dodge Magnum V8s are okay but Fords you might as well wrap yourself in a straight jacket.

I have a 93' K1500 which I love to death but have urges to set fire to from time to time (A 20 year old vehicle has its pros and cons ladies and gentlemen haha). She's seen problems from locked up rear-ends, drive shafts snapped in half, and almost every little problem you can think of. It's enough to drive a man to the brink of insanity. Her cab mounts are starting to go bad, her left side is sagging about a half inch and the frame is getting bad in a few places. Thinking she ain't got that much time left before I gotta have it retired.

I can however, say with 100 percent certainty, that i've never had any internal engine or transmission problems. I think we can all agree 350 Small Block V8s are pretty much bullet proof, 4L60-E's... I've heard mixed stories.

1544433_485864218188957_1002307181_n.jpg
    1001087_413276605447719_1094478453_n.jpg
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club.

Nice pair of trucks!!
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Glad to have another member here from PA! Welcome!
  4. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club from VA!
  5. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 Member

Welcome! Are you partial to red, or just coincidence? Great site here.
  6. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith New Member

Thank you all.

Haha just a coincidence, were good deals and both happened to be red. The Dodge is a 1997, 318 V8, in better shape structurally than my Chevy (No Rust, Frame is in much better shape) it just has a crease dent right on the fender and the clear coat is peeling off some places, especially the hood.
  7. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to The Club.
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club