Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hello From Raleigh, NC. New to the Chevy Family!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by DFr1024, Aug 26, 2013.

1. DFr1024

DFr1024 New Member

Hey everyone! Besides my grandfather owning a 1960s Impala SS, I am the only person who now owns a 2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT 5.3 L V8 Flex 1500 4x4, purchased last week, its not the new 2007 body. I am new to trucks and Chevy. I live in the Raleigh-Durham NC area with plans to move to central NY probably next summer (2014). I have only lived in NC for about 2.5 yrs and don't have any friends that know trucks either. My truck is a little older and higher miles- 124K or around there. My mechanic who works on Land Rovers says it looks pretty good as far as rust and function.

I registered to post questions and help get some feedback on what I see/hear/feel when driving and fixing up the truck. Right now we dont tow anything or go off road (I just don't know where to go). I guess thats it for now as I learn this website. I will post pictures when I figure out how! haha Thank you in advance for the help!

Dustin

2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

4. DFr1024

DFr1024 New Member

Thank you for the welcome and the link MFleetWood! I have added 2 photos to my page. Its pretty much a stock truck as I bought it, so nothing to write home about as far as features go. Now I am trying to figure out how to search through the forums to find threads on questions I have. Mainly my first one is about a chirping sound that seems to be getting louder. Its not squealing like a belt, but a cricket/bird chirping. So thats the topic/question, now I need to find a relevant thread.

Dustin

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you are looking for some where to off road you are a short drive from Uwharrie. Very sweet trails for 4x4's.

6. DFr1024

DFr1024 New Member

Oh ok! Looks like its east of Charlotte. The place has lots of good reviews! Sounds good, thanks! I feel the truck may need some upgrades before going off road too seriously. It has street tires and its not lifted. Even the clearance is kinda low, at least i feel it is. When laying under it my face is only 2" from its lowest point (tranny area). Im looking for larger wheels to put on to get my axles up higher. Im more worried about getting the undercarriage up vs making the truck taller. Am I wrong in this concept? Thanks!

Dustin

7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. If you see a lifted 2004 gmc extended cab with 35s and a long bed that's green with a transformers logo on it driving around, tell him I miss him lol.