Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hello from the east!

Discussion in 'North America - Canada' started by browenb, Apr 16, 2008.

1. browenb

browenb Member

Hey, figured I'd introduce myself.
    I'm in NB. have a 2004 Z71 Special Edition, although the only thing I found unique about it is that it's got factory 17" tires instead of the 16".

Already replaced the engine due to the head problems the 4.8's have.
    Looking at lifting it, and upgrading the brakes. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be appreciative. I've always lowered vehicles, time to raise one....

Thanks in advance to everyone.

2. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome fellow Canuk!!:sign0016: I have also had lowered vehicles but a lifted one is able to go in so many more places!

3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome. What kinda stuff are you into. Do you want to do a monster 14" lift or maybe a 6". What are you looking for?

4. browenb

browenb Member

Nothing as serious as a 14"

looking somewhere between 6 and 9.

May do a 6" suspension with a 3" body later down the road.

I was looking at the rough country lifts. There X-series lifts where exactly what I was looking for as I could put the truck back to stock if I wanted to later on.

Problem is, they discontinued that series of lift, and replaced it with something that requires enough modification that you can not return the truck to stock.

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome, have fun!

6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

welcome to the site :sign0016: