1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from the Hill City

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bowtieboy13, Jun 23, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. bowtieboy13

bowtieboy13 New Member

Hello there. I'm Brian. Born and raised in the "Hill City" (Lynchburg, Va). I left long enough to serve my country as a Marine for 10 years. Took the love of trucks and outdoors with me. My current toy is a 2006 Silverado 1500 LT 4wd ext cab. So far only additions are my diamond plate toolbox and Bearcat cb. In the very near future I will be adding Truxxx lift kit, meaty tires, intake and exhuast upgrades. as well as as front end protector/replacement (pesky deer). I'm always open to suggestions and information. Hope to meet some good people here who are also truck nuts. Chat soon...
  2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  3. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC Family!! Hope that you are enjoying the site :)
  4. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

Welcome from Roanoke,VA! Im seeing more and more members here locally. Good thing! If you have the money.....go with a Fabtech or BDS lift. I have the 6" BDS and wouldnt trade it for anything. Actually.......AutoXtras in Lynchburg installed mine. They done a really good job. When you get it done.....MAKE SURE you tell them you want EVERYTHING that come off your truck when the lift was installed. Never know when you may want to take the lift off. Make sure you even ask for the lugnuts as well.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club and thank you for your service! :great:
  6. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

^^^^^^^^^^^ That is the most RETARDED welcome Ive ever seen^^^^^^^^^^^^ Same s**t on every new member post. Come up with something new. Are you stuck in a syfy world or something?
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It's actually a Star Trek TNG reference (a modified Borg quote) and I've adopted it as my form of personal welcome, here ... as it helps me identify other Star Trek TNG fans. It's also NOT the same for every post -- which you'd have noted had you read it ... as in this greeting I thanked [MENTION=55322]bowtieboy13[/MENTION] for his service. (You might not want to assume things, going forward, by the way...)

Next, please be advised that there are LOTS of people (including moderators) who regularly post 'welcome to the club' or somesuch as their personal greeting -- with little to no variance. I don't see you harassing those individuals for their chosen forms of personal greeting ... so please don't single me out for mine. To each his/her own...

To [MENTION=55322]bowtieboy13[/MENTION]:
    My apologies that catmechanic07's negativity is part of your initial introduction to our site. This place is usually pretty friendly and that type of commentary is not the norm, here. I'm not sure what's gotten into him, or why. I'm speculating that he is either not of the 'live and let live' mindset (as many, here, are) or perhaps he felt the need to try to berate or control me. However, I'll reserve judgement on the matter, as I don't want to make any assumptions, myself. *shrug*

Now back to your regularly scheduled welcomes. Will you be doing the lift and tire work, yourself?
  8. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club Brian, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  9. SWAT13

SWAT13 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the club..............
  10. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! This is my "STANDARD" greeting and if there is something I feel I can add to help out or make some one feel more at home I'll add to it. The "Main thing" that makes this site "Stand above" the other sites is the lack of "infighting". This is the best site of it's type because of the family friendly style.