1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello I am Jerry...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jerryrig, Nov 26, 2010.

1. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

...and I'm new to the club. Actually joined and started a thread earlier today (11/26) and got tied up 'til now. I have BLACK BOWTIE BLOOD: Black 2000 TAHOE LIMITED, Black 1987 K5 BLAZER (CHVYDUTY), Black 1987 CALLAWAY TWIN TURBO CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE (2TURBOS) with black Grand Sport wheels, and a future Black 1951 CHEVY STEPSIDE in the works. Just added a great big dash of salt to all these with a White 1991 CREW CAB 3+3 DUALLY (JERRYRIG)...that I would drive all the time if it didn't like gas SO much. It will be used to pull my Black 7 X 16 LEONARD ENCLOSED TRAILER with a Black with red flames 2004 FATBOY BLAZIN BONES EDITION (BLZN04). Only way I could afford to acquire these was to shop around, buy/sell right, and work on my own stuff as much as possible. I retired from the Air Force, work part time for LEONARD BUILDING AND TRUCK ACCESSORIES and do odd jobs, hauling, scrap recycling, etc. I live in North Carolina east of Raleigh...in Goldsboro. I really look forward to learning a lot and am slow to share unless I am sure about what I am talking about. Thanks for your welcome in advance.
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Jerry, welcome to the GM truck club. I gotta say I like your color choice on your trucks/Vette.. black, black, & black..lol My favorite car/truck/mc/atv color.
  3. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

Thanks for the welcome Stephan. I see you have a 3500 truck. Mine is my newest "love" if you will. First "dually"...and never thought I would have one. Especially now with gas the way it is and how much this big block likes it. I would like to sip a few more MPGs out of it. Bought it from an original owner horse farmer. It has high gearing with a manual for towing and I don't need that much tug. Would like advise on a compatible over-drive and appropriate gearing. I will get pics around of my stuff eventually. Again, thanks for the greeting to an obviously tremendous site.
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Jerry, If you're happy with your trans as it is, you might want to check out Gear Vendors overdrive units. It would be cheaper to re-gear the rear end but you said it is already "high" geared. I almost bought a gear vendors od, but ended up swapping out my turbo 400 3 speed automatic for a 700R4 with the overdrive for the mpg. The gear vendors will let you split gears "under" & "over" so you won't need to do anything to what you already have & still end up with a wide range. Big blocks respond to the same mpg mods as the small blocks but you will always be 2 or 3 mpg behind as far as engine mpg, but the od will definitely help in the overall battle.
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah welcome to the club jerry! Glad to have you and your rides!
  6. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Welcome , whoa! cool rides
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Jerry.