Hello I am Jerry...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jerryrig, Nov 26, 2010.

1. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

...and I'm new to the club. Actually joined and started a thread earlier today (11/26) and got tied up 'til now. I have BLACK BOWTIE BLOOD: Black 2000 TAHOE LIMITED, Black 1987 K5 BLAZER (CHVYDUTY), Black 1987 CALLAWAY TWIN TURBO CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE (2TURBOS) with black Grand Sport wheels, and a future Black 1951 CHEVY STEPSIDE in the works. Just added a great big dash of salt to all these with a White 1991 CREW CAB 3+3 DUALLY (JERRYRIG)...that I would drive all the time if it didn't like gas SO much. It will be used to pull my Black 7 X 16 LEONARD ENCLOSED TRAILER with a Black with red flames 2004 FATBOY BLAZIN BONES EDITION (BLZN04). Only way I could afford to acquire these was to shop around, buy/sell right, and work on my own stuff as much as possible. I retired from the Air Force, work part time for LEONARD BUILDING AND TRUCK ACCESSORIES and do odd jobs, hauling, scrap recycling, etc. I live in North Carolina east of Raleigh...in Goldsboro. I really look forward to learning a lot and am slow to share unless I am sure about what I am talking about. Thanks for your welcome in advance.

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Jerry, welcome to the GM truck club. I gotta say I like your color choice on your trucks/Vette.. black, black, & black..lol My favorite car/truck/mc/atv color.

3. jerryrig

jerryrig New Member

Thanks for the welcome Stephan. I see you have a 3500 truck. Mine is my newest "love" if you will. First "dually"...and never thought I would have one. Especially now with gas the way it is and how much this big block likes it. I would like to sip a few more MPGs out of it. Bought it from an original owner horse farmer. It has high gearing with a manual for towing and I don't need that much tug. Would like advise on a compatible over-drive and appropriate gearing. I will get pics around of my stuff eventually. Again, thanks for the greeting to an obviously tremendous site.

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Jerry, If you're happy with your trans as it is, you might want to check out Gear Vendors overdrive units. It would be cheaper to re-gear the rear end but you said it is already "high" geared. I almost bought a gear vendors od, but ended up swapping out my turbo 400 3 speed automatic for a 700R4 with the overdrive for the mpg. The gear vendors will let you split gears "under" & "over" so you won't need to do anything to what you already have & still end up with a wide range. Big blocks respond to the same mpg mods as the small blocks but you will always be 2 or 3 mpg behind as far as engine mpg, but the od will definitely help in the overall battle.

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah welcome to the club jerry! Glad to have you and your rides!

6. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome , whoa! cool rides

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Jerry.