Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hello. I'm Kent and new to this site. Question...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kreetz, Jun 25, 2007.

1. kreetz

kreetz New Member

Hi, I am trying to get and idea of about how much it should cost me to have a mechanic replace the 454 engine in my 1994 K2500 Suburban. I would like information on replacing it with a Jasper or similar remanufactured engine with a good warranty. Any recommendations or advice?

Also, what should I typically get for gas mileage? I know...it's not an economy car.

Also, what are the most basic few things I can do to my new engine to get an increase in performance. I will be towing about 7K camper.

Thanks for helping me out.

2. Dj Friction

Dj Friction Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 95 454 2500 Suburban and tow a 26' horse trailer, not towing I get about 12-14 mpg, towing about 8 mpg, but never have a lose of power, and we have a few hills out here!!

Why do you want to replace the engine??? Problems??