1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello...maybe a new sponsor??

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Fixer, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Fixer

Fixer New Member

Hello all.

My name is AJ and I run Acrylic Conceptions. Recently I had a 2012 (I think) Colorado 4 door as a loaner. Nice truck, a bit small compared to my 2006 Avalanche, but it did the job.
    What I do is laser engraving. We make interior and some exterior items for cars and trucks. I mainly have been dealing with the Hyundai Tiburon and Pontiac GTO. Since I had the Colorado I figured I would see what I could make with it. Unfortunately I didn’t get to it until the last day I had the truck. But was I was able to do was work on the sill plates. I really didn’t see much else to make for the truck other then the front bow tie. But I didn’t have the time to take it apart. I’m looking for someone to come over so I can test fit the final product. I have plans to make some lit sills if they fit properly.
    As far as Chevy parts I make a few items for the new Camaro, Grill inserts for the NON cladded Avalance and a custom insert for the Avalanches Stealth Box.
    Now a little history on me. For the last 12 years or so I was a tech for local Hyundai dealers. I have built a fairly well known (in the Hyundai community) 2003 Tiburon. Supercharged V6, wide body and some other bolt on goodies. For about the past 9 years I have also dealt with custom lighting on vehicles, motorcycles and boats, you can see some of my work here http://www.facebook.com/pages/FG-Motorsports-LLC/188527597844100
    I like modifying things.
    So on to the sills… Here is a photo of what I made this week.
    Sills_Colorado.jpg
    If there is someone in the Puente Hills, CA area that is able to come by and let me do a final test/fit I would really appreciate it.

If anyone has an idea for an item they would like to see or have made, please let me know.

Might turn into another forum sponsorship!!!
    Thanks for reading!!!
    AJ
    Acrylic Conceptions
  2. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That looks awesome! Great job! I need a custom knight rider style dash... That is probably asking a lot tho. LOL! Welcome to the group!
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Very nice work... I think I have seen you before.. Do you still have a Avalanche? Make anything for that?
  4. Fixer

Fixer New Member

I am also on the checy avalanch fan club north America site...go by shagy there.
    I make grill inserts for the non cladded and custom inserts for the stealth boxes.

I have made some custom switch plates...so shoot me a PM, might be able to help you out get K.I.T into your car :)

Ill go find some pictures
  5. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club AJ, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! Is that something stuck onto the OEM plastic sill? How would something like that work with the OEM sills on a 2004 Sierra? I ask because they are not smooth -- they squared-off have rises and valleys on them, making adhesive use an issue.
  8. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  9. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!