1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello people

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by SLCSubGuy, Jan 30, 2008.

1. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

I am new of course. I just bought a 1996 LT Suburban with tan leather. I will get some pictures up later.
  2. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the site. cant wait to see the pics. tell us a little about yoursef
  3. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Well I used to own a 1991 GMC Trailblazer Suburban, it had a 4 inch lift and 30 inch mud tires. I loved that truck but had to get rid of it. 7 years later and 4 kids later I found myself in need of a bigger vehicle then the Intrepid we have. So we got our tax money today, went looking for a Suburban or Expedition and found what we just bought. It was the nicest, and most powerful out of what we tested.
  4. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Welcome to the site!
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! My guess by your name that you are from Salt Lake City. I have family there as both my Wife's parents grew up there.
  6. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Yep, I am in Salt Lake City.

Soooo on to the good stuff, can you point me in the direction of things I need to look out for, and things I can do to make it run better. I am looking at getting a intake, and some projector lights for it. All in good time though, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  7. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the site. These guys can pretty much answer any question you can throw at em.
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tell us more about your burban and we can better help. Is it a 1500 or 2500? What size engine and gas or diesel?

As far as mods go, Getting the engine to breathe better is a big plus with a performance intake and aftermarket exhaust. You should then look at a performance chip or programmer.

As far as your headlights go, Have you thought about HID's? Jaymack and a few others have had the projector style but he has since swiched to HID's which is what I installed on my Silverado and thay are tops in my book!
  9. SLCSubGuy

SLCSubGuy New Member

Here is what it looks like, however I haven't taken pictures yet of mine. But the ride height and such are the same.

It is a 1996 Chevy Suburban LT 1500 5.7L gas motor, it has 118k on it, and so far the only thing I see as a problem is the door behind the driver doesn't lock or unlock with everything else. Other then that there isn't any squeaks, mones or other problems I have found. I am amazed at the guts these SUV's have, but its nice to have around here.

As far as performance, I am looking into doing the poor mans mod and just getting the K&N filter and leaving it open, and then later I will tackle the exhaust. The one I had before had a complete Magnaflow 3 inch system and I loved the sound of it.

[​IMG]
  10. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I've always liked that body style, looks good man.