1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Turbo-go, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Turbo-go

Turbo-go New Member

Hi, my name is Kris and I found this forum in hopes of getting some non-intrusive performance idea for my 1998 K1500 Suburban. I need some more HP!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Kris
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome aboard Kris.

By intrusive do you mean cutting a hole in the hood to put an 871 blower in? By gawd theres nothing like being in downtown traffic and having to stretch around to see clear of the blower...
  3. Turbo-go

Turbo-go New Member

HAHAHA! No, getting too old for the blower or JATO packs! I had my mid-life crisis a few years back. I am just tired of standing on my accelerator to get my trailer up a hill. Hoping no to have to do the dual exhaust ($$$) but I bet that will be my best performance vs. $ option. I like a throaty exhaust (not too rough) so I will go with a Borla system if I have too. (forgive any spelling mistakes spell check failed to find!).

Kris
  4. Cableguy

Sure. I would stick to flow stuff first. Air intake/exhaust then maybe move on to PCM reprogram. Keep it simple :wink:
  5. Turbo-go

Turbo-go New Member

Thank you and I am a bit familiar with that flow stuff. I had a 1995 Impala SS when I was living in Austin, TX. I found a shop that replaced the mass air intake (ID=46mm) with the Vet on (ID=52mm), put in a cool air induction system with K&N air filter, 160 degree thermostat, reduction pulleys and then re-programed with a power programmer. I was 264HP stock and walked out at 303. Hope I can achieve the same with the Vortec 5.7 (Impala had a Lt1 with iron heads...what was Chevy think with the iron heads???).

Kris
  6. Cableguy

Exactly brother. You got the idea. I had a 95 Impala SS too. The iron heads were used cuz they could only use stolen parts to manufacture(Borrowed from other production lines) from what I heard. The Camaro coming out soon might be a return for Chevy (Lord knows they need to grow some balls at GM) There's nothing humorous about squealing front tires...
  7. Cableguy

Here's mine..
    [​IMG]
  8. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Cool SS

Jamie, sweet SS!
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the site, btw.