1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

HellWig anti-sway bar install and review.

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Pikey, Sep 18, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As others have mentioned, definitely a nice write up! Thanks for taking the time to put together w/pics....very helpful!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

So after a few weeks What do you think?

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am still amazed by the way my truck corners! I may switch the rear to the center adjustment hole when I change out my rear springs and shocks with bilsteins. I can not tell you how amazing it is to have a truck that big handling this well.

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yikes. I guess I'll be adding "install new sway bars" to my truck's to-do list. :)

5. Pikey

there is a guy at the gym that I always talk truck stuff with. I took him for a ride after installing my Hellwig bars. He plans on ordering a set within the next few weeks. He was completely shocked that my 05 yukon xl with the old factory shocks rode and handled better than his 2009 Quad Cab Silverado.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Awesome.even thread...great pics and review....thanks for sharing this....Brian from Canada

7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Should be ordering a set of front and rear anti sway bars in the next day or too. This write up really convinced me to pull the trigger on this purchase.

8. Pikey

They are well worth the cost. The worst part about the install was that my bolts that mount the rear d bushings broke off while I was taking them out. That was after soaking them down with 3 different penetrating oils for a week. I just cut the old front links off. my truck handles amazing. Any \one that has driven it has been shocked by the steering wheel response and the lack of body roll.