1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help a man turn some heads and rip up the off road in a 2011 Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Bwheels, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Bwheels

Bwheels New Member

Looking to start saving up for some wheels rims and a lift kit for my Silverado 1500 Lt. I dont really know where to begin looking, but when i do finish everything im going to have some chrome rims and about a 4'' lift kit. I live in canada, hopefully someone can help me

- - - Updated - - -

also, whats it called when the wheels stick out from the truck?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Do you have Snow and salted roads over the winter times? If so keep your stocks for that time of the year..
  3. squatchy

squatchy Member 100 Posts

Tire sticking out is from increased track width from the lift (knuckle lifts) you will have to buy spacers to make the rear match up with the front. As far as helping you it really depends on what you wanna spend. Im installing a 5" rxc on my 13 next weekend. its a relatively cheap kit, and probably the only one worth buying from them. If you are looking at the 4" range probably looking at rancho or cst. I think they both say you can run up to 35s. Agree with enkieavalanche on keeping the stockers. I still have no clue what I want to run for wheel so I have 33" coopers going on my stocks to be run until I decide on wheels, and will be used as winter wheels.
  4. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Wheels pushed out past the fenders could be one or a combination of two things. It's either the offset of the wheel or as Squatchy said it's due to the knuckles needed on lifts such as a 6".