Help. Afm is horriable time for a chip need ideas!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SILVERADO3, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Nath

Nath New Member

So u recomend the diablo and ur mods for a 07 tahoe that is gettin 12.9 mpg and she will not get out of its own
    way... My 99 tahoe would scream! I miss her so much!!

2. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

Yeah, my 02 would have blown the doors off my 09 stock. The diablo plus the mods brought the truck to where it needs to be. Turning off the afm makes the truck much more drivable around town. With the afm off, I've noticed no change in mileage either.

3. Nath

Nath New Member

Diablo and mods

thanks pearlwhite incant wait to get started
    nath

4. gto3764

gto3764 New Member

I just called my dealer today and the service tech told me they could program the AFM to off and it would cost $399. Lotta money to turn off something GM should let me do through the trucks DIC......

5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I had a 2008 Silverado with a 5.3 with AFM and a new 2013 Silverado with 5.3 with AFM.

With my 2008, I put catback dual exhaust and the 2013 got a Flowsound 40 muffler only.

Both trucks have approximately the same sound level, and I do hear it when the AFM drops the engine from 8 to 4 cylinders. IMO, the transition sound is not that bad. No biggie.

- - - Updated - - -

You WILL see a drop in fuel mileage, there is no MAY.

6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have seen some guys disable AFM and not seen any reduction in MPG..just deepnds on your setup...i.e gear ratio, custom tune, etc...

So "it may" because not everyones truck is setup identical.