help!!blown tranny

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 02burban, Jan 13, 2008.

1. 02burban

02burban New Member

i have an 02 suburban and the transmission blew and i was hoping someone could help me out im looking to nuy a used one so i wanna no if all the transmissions are the same through the years and where i could get one im located in northern nj

2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Do you know which transmission you need? Is your suburban a 1500 or 2500? 2wd or 4wd?

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

4L60E if it's a 1500 series
    4L80E if it's a 2500 series

4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

First welcome aboard. [​IMG]

The E in these trany designations mean these are electrically controlled by your computer. If that helps.

5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As everyone else has said, you are going to have the 4L60E or 4L80E, the E being the important part here. That means big $$. However, there should be a large variety of tranny shops in your area that sell rebuilt transmissions. One place that ships nationally for not too unreasonable prices is Phoenix Transmissions (http://www.phoenixhardparts.com/). My uncle and I ordered new transmissions from them. Their service seems to be a bit slow, but it's probably because they have a pretty good backlog going on. My uncle just got his tranny in when he ordered it before Christmas, and I still haven't recieved mine. You might want to give them a call. Otherwise, depending on what happened, you may just want to get your existing one rebuilt.