HELP!!!!Changed fuel pump and ECM. fuel pump still wont turn on

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by fast_stang_88, Jun 2, 2011.

1. fast_stang_88

fast_stang_88 New Member

I am working on my uncles 99 chevy 5.3 and he was told the ecm was bad so I changed that out and still nothing from the fuel pump. I had a known good fuel pump that I dropped in and still nothing? What else do I need to look at? I am a cummins diesel guy so not sure where else I need to start looking on this truck. Thanks for the help.

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club Stang. About all that's left that you haven't done so far is the FP relay & the wiring loom. Look for the FP relay on the firewall a little left of center

3. fast_stang_88

fast_stang_88 New Member

I swapped out the relay as well. Could it be the PCM/fuse panel itself? Which wire is the power wire at the tank that I need to check for?

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Have you checked the relay to see if it's getting power to & out? I don't know the color for your truck cuz my diagram is not for that year, but it shows tan & white wire for the FP prime.
    Have a helper turn the key while you check for power into & out of the relay.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Have you done a fuel pressure test? The two heavier wires at the pump should have 12V for about two seconds when you key on.