1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HELP!!!!Changed fuel pump and ECM. fuel pump still wont turn on

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by fast_stang_88, Jun 2, 2011.

1. fast_stang_88

fast_stang_88 New Member

I am working on my uncles 99 chevy 5.3 and he was told the ecm was bad so I changed that out and still nothing from the fuel pump. I had a known good fuel pump that I dropped in and still nothing? What else do I need to look at? I am a cummins diesel guy so not sure where else I need to start looking on this truck. Thanks for the help.
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club Stang. About all that's left that you haven't done so far is the FP relay & the wiring loom. Look for the FP relay on the firewall a little left of center
  3. fast_stang_88

fast_stang_88 New Member

I swapped out the relay as well. Could it be the PCM/fuse panel itself? Which wire is the power wire at the tank that I need to check for?
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Have you checked the relay to see if it's getting power to & out? I don't know the color for your truck cuz my diagram is not for that year, but it shows tan & white wire for the FP prime.
    Have a helper turn the key while you check for power into & out of the relay.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Have you done a fuel pressure test? The two heavier wires at the pump should have 12V for about two seconds when you key on.