Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Help! Extremely loud door chimes

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by my4thsilverado, Dec 11, 2009.

1. my4thsilverado

my4thsilverado New Member

I just purchased a 2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab. When I test drove it, it had a dinky after-market JVC radio/CD player because "the factory one was broken." Because it made the bose sound horrible and none of the steering wheel controls would work, I had them replace it with a factory deck with 6 disc CD changer. Well, now the door, blinker, and seatbelt chimes are EXTREMELY loud and come through the speakers! My wife can hear them all the way on the other side of the house when I am in the garage. Dealer says this is a "factory setting" and cannot be changed. I think maybe the factory deck is wrong model or there is a setting they do not know about. The truck does have a bose system. Please, please help because the sound is driving me crazy, but I don't want to completely shut it off.

2. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

check the boss wire open and check the links again

3. OKSilveradoZ-71

OKSilveradoZ-71 New Member

I know on my 2004 with the single CD AM/FM/ XM you can adjust the chime volume by turning the radio off and then holding down the #6 preset until it beeps and you can select low or high setting. Not sure if it is the same as yours. I just recently found this in the owners manual when I was looking for something else.

Hope this helps.

4. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

IS it the NBS? I think you if have the DIC controls there is an option for the door chimes and a bunch of other stuff.