1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help finding the right headers

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by javojjaaf, Aug 10, 2009.

1. javojjaaf

javojjaaf New Member

i got a 98' Z71 and im trying to finish my exhaust with the right headers, problem is finding some that have a 2 1/2" collector with the EGR fitting. im running 2 1/2" all the way, an x-pipe with two magnaflow XL 3 chamber mufflers and tips out the back. i already have everything on there up to the x-pipe and then it steps down to the origional 2" pipe size, cant believe it was that size, and i have removed both cats... the truck didnt have a y-pipe. anyone seen a set of headers that fit me needs or have any input on how to get some, like having the EGR fitting from my origional manifolds put on the new headers. thanks
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow New Member 100 Posts

you check summitracing? they have just about every type ever made for 96 to 99 models you also might have to do what i did and put some ball flange connectors on the bottom of the headers so you not leaking exhaust at the flanges i went wtih the throley's long tube tri y's dont have air on mine tho
  3. javojjaaf

javojjaaf New Member

uh oh, i need to make a correction... i ment the EGR connection, my bad. i dont have the AIR fitting. i get mixed up some times. do the ones you have have the EGR fitting and what size collecter?
    thanks
  4. javojjaaf

javojjaaf New Member

hey, i found a set of long tube Pacesetter headers with the egr and the collecter size i am looking for...BUT it says that they will not fit angle plug heads. im deployed so i cant just go look or i would, but do you guys know if the 98 Z17 350 is angel plug heads?