1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help finding trim level!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by red.guitar, Jan 30, 2013.

1. red.guitar

red.guitar New Member

So I'm trying to write up an add for my 2006 silverado 1500, and I'm not sure of its trim level!

I searched the RPO codes, and that told me what features it has, but not the trim level.

Is there any way for me to determine the trim level of my truck??

Any help would be great!

Thanks for reading,

SP
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

should be some badging someplace, or look at your title.

Alex
  3. red.guitar

red.guitar New Member

Thanks for the reply Alex!

My title just says chevy silverado 1500 ext cab, and I can't seem to see any badges?

Its got the 5.3 so I'm thinking its either an lt1 or 2. I'd just like to know for sure.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

5. red.guitar

red.guitar New Member

Here my vin: 1gcek19b36z284948

- - - Updated - - -

So I searched my vin and it gave me all the same info I found earlier with the rpo's. I didnt see a trim level there anywhere. Am I missing something?
  6. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No you are not. I searched it also and did not find it. I do not know where else to look. Maybe some else will have an idea
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

what options do you have? leather seats, premium audio etc??? we should be able to hazard a good guess if nothing else.

Alex
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

9. SEMiller

SEMiller New Member

My truck says slt on the side badge but the window sticker days sle. Go figure...
  10. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=49864]SEMiller[/MENTION], throw your VIN into the link I posted above, it will tell you if it's SLT, or SLE.

Actually, there should be a few clues that will tell you. For example, the automatic temperature control is common to the SLT, the manually operated temp selector is common to the SLE. The SLT may have wood trim on the dash, the SLE will not.